September 19th, 2021
NAIL POLISH COLOR COMBOS
A little inspiration to get your mani in a fall mood.
Although we love a classic, monochromatic manicure, we can’t help but fall for the resurgence of the multicolor mani. (After all: we’re proprietors of polish and bona fide lovers of color.) Those trending tonal or full-on rainbow looks are just as timeless in our opinion—and not to mention, the perfect way to spruce up your DIY nail routine while letting every polish in your collection shine.
If you’re not sure where to start or which color pairings are most complementary, we’ve got you covered. Here are our favorite nail polish color combinations this fall:
THE TONAL MANICURE
If you’re craving change but prefer a subtle statement—or perhaps you have a favorite color you can’t get enough of—stick to your main color and get creative by choosing different shades within that group. Apply the polishes in an order that creates a gradient, ombré effect from lightest to darkest, or switch things up for a more eclectic, je ne sais quoi look.
- For a cool, neutral look, try Sandstone, Beaumont, and Teak
- For a warm, neutral color combo, try Café au Lait, The Full Monty, Pecan Pie, Mudslide
- For a delectably sweet yet fresh-for-fall purple gradient, try Berry Nude, Fig Jam, and Elderberry.
- For a rich and robust palette of reds, try Changing of the Guards, Vendetta, Guarded Jewel.
- For a sophisticated take on trending greens, try Sedona on most of your nails, and Posh Rising as your accent color.
For a more tonal color inspiration, shop by shade.
Blueberry and cream
THE RAINBOW MANICURE
Change things up with unique color combinations or unexpected finishes amongst classic crèmes. There’s no wrong combination—and truly, this is where you can tailor your polish palette to your look or mood.
- For a soft and sophisticated blush-toned look, try Natural Charm, Bell Flower, The Full Monty, and Cheerio. Add some dimension by swapping out Cheerio for Princess Awaits or Glasglow Glamour.
- For pastels that feel just right for fall, try Silver Birch, Buttercup, and Star Moss.
- For a warm yet subdued rainbow, try Sandstone, Beaumont, Mojave Mauve, and Cactus Coral, Sedona.
- For a contrasting, cool-toned mani, try Chivvy Along, Chim Cher-ee, Chelsea Porcelain, and Cheerio.
- For an optimistic fall trio inspired by the changing leaves, try Cactus Coral, Gilded, and Desert Flower.
- For neutrals with a pastel pop, try Peach Pop, Notting the Fancy, Natural Charm, and Murray Me.
Let’s see your favorite color combos! Show us your multicolor mani by tagging us over at @londontownusa.
All About Nail
Probiotic Instant Boost
A love letter to our new Nail Probiotic Instant Boost, a can't-live-without nail kur staple.